[OSGeo-Discuss] Open Source vs Closed source

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Thu Apr 15 08:06:01 PDT 2010

John,

Thanks, didn't even think about that.  I included in my Primer . . .

bobb

>>> John Callahan <john.callahan at udel.edu> wrote:

Paul Ramsey's keynote at FOSS4G 2009 immediately comes to mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB_a28vBtBk&feature=related ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB_a28vBtBk&feature=related )

- John
John Callahan, Geographic Information Scientist
Delaware Geological Survey, University of Delaware

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Bob Basques
<Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us>

wrote:

All,

We've got a discussion going on in the office about the subject line. I was wondering if folks here had any pointers to online information, both from a superficial view (low detail level, IE Manager speak) as well as some somewhat higher level information about costs, in the short term/ long term, etc.

Thanks

bobb