[OSGeo-Discuss] A quick poll!

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Thu Apr 15 15:58:13 PDT 2010

Wow, in a few short hours the yes/no results in the poll went from
38/38% to 85/5% - thanks for voting, that's very cool to see.

On a similar note, because many of the OSGeo libraries are also used
behind proprietary products, many proprietary users won't even know that
they actually do use open source without knowing it.  That's a big
success story, in my opinion, and one I remind audiences about
regularly.  Software "good enough" to be relied on by the massive
commercial interests of proprietary vendors... says something positive
about our quality.

Keep up the good work developers! :)

Tyler