[OSGeo-Discuss] RE: FOSS4G Technology review presentations - Web clients

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 13:24:11 PDT 2010

Arnulf,
I'd be interested to hear whether German's offer of comparing webmap
projects would be of value to you in preparing your foss4g presentation
about webmapping.

German,
I am very excited by the cross project comparison work you have been
doing. I have just spent a week at the OSGeo booth at the international
conference for surveyors, and one of common questions people ask is "I'm
current using XXX to do YYY, does Open Source provide a tool which could
do something similar? ... Which would you recommend?"

I'd love to be able to point to, and hand out your webmapping comparison
table.
So I'd like to have your webmap comparison table and decision tree
incorporated into the OSGeo LiveDVD which we were handing out at the
conference, and probably also make it available as a flier. If you can
create the material, I can help you get the material onto the LiveDVD
and into OSGeo Marketing channels.