[OSGeo-Discuss] Survey on Web Geo-Spatial Open-Source Technologies

Gavin McArdle gavin.mcardle at ucd.ie
Tue Apr 20 01:04:22 PDT 2010

[Sorry for cross-posting]

Hi everybody,

I am part of the Spatial Information Systems Group in University College
Dublin.

We are conducting a survey on Open-Source technologies with particular
focus on Geo-Spatial projects.

Our first goal is to collect first-hand knowledge about a number of
Open-Source projects active on the Internet.

With this work we hope to identify strong and weak points of each
project in order to give some guidelines for future directions to the
Open-Source community and potential developers in relation to
Geo-Spatial research.

Therefore we would like to ask you to take an anonymous questionnaire on
some Open-Source technologies.

The questionnaire consists of a few simple questions about your
experience with the software in terms of usability, stability,
interoperability and so on.

/Estimated completion time/: about 1 minute

*Link to the questionnaire: *http://bit.ly/geospatial-opensource-survey

/Projects included in this survey:/ GeoServer, MapServer, PostGIS,
MySQL, Hibernate Spatial, Ruby on Rails, Grails, Proj.4, GeoTools, Java
Topology Suite, OpenLayers, JsExt, Prototype, MooTools

Feel free to contact us at *andrea.ballatore [at] ucd.ie* if you have
any questions, comments and recommendation about this survey.

Thank you for your attention,

Spatial Information Systems Group,

School of Computer Science and Informatics,

University College Dublin

--

Dr Gavin McArdle
School of Computer Science and Informatics
University College Dublin
Belfield
Dublin 4
Ireland