[OSGeo-Discuss] USB testing required today if we are to hand out OSGeo-Live on a USB at FOSS4G

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 18:40:04 EDT 2010

The FOSS4G Organising Committee have budget to distribute OSGeo-Live
either on a DVD or USB.

Ideally we would have liked to distribute on a USB to all delegates
however out of the 5 or so computers tested, we've had reports of at
least 2 computers which can't boot from the USB. So we will distribute
OSGeo-Live to all delegates on the well tested DVD version.

However, if we can get test results from enough people by first thing,
Monday 16 August, an OSGeo-Live USB will be created and given to VIPs.

Here is the deal:

If we get:

7+ test results, from a variety of different computers, showing a
reasonable number of computers will work with a USB

    we will hand out OSGeo-Live USBs to the (more forgiving) FOSS4G
    presenters. Standard delegates will be given a Live-DVD.

    How to test a USB

    * Download and burn the USB as per:
      http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Quick_Start_for_USB
    * Describe your test results here:
      http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Testing#USB_testing
    * Optionally also tell us your experience on IRC or email:

    irc://freenode.net#osgeolive
    http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/live-demo

--
Cameron Shorter