[OSGeo-Discuss] 3 days left to verify applications work on OSGeo-Live (only 3 apps tested out of 43)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 18:02:29 PDT 2010

We have 43 applications installed on the OSGeo Live DVD!
The docs look fantastic and all Overviews have been reviewed and refined.

We think that the applications should work, but we only have 3 test
results which confirm this.

Can we please get help testing and verifying applications. You can check
what still needs testing by seeing what applications don't have a date
set for the test results here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Testing
After testing, please update this wiki so we can keep track of what is done.

We will be creating a final release candidate on Monday 8 August, which
we hope will be renamed to the final release.

The OSGeo-Live iso image can be downloaded from here:
http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/4.0-rc6/

running in a virtual machine is explained here.

http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Quick_Start

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Director