[OSGeo-Discuss] Is Mapnik working on OSGeo Live?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 16:34:00 PDT 2010

Dane,
Testing on OSGeo-Live reports that Mapnik is not working, but I suspect
that we just have poor test steps.
Could you please help us ASAP to resolve this, which probably would
involve updating test steps or quickstart, or including a config file or
similar during the build.
We hang out at irc://freenode.net#osgeolive

I just tried running the fist python steps here:
http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/4.0-rc6/osgeolive-docs/quickstart/mapnik_quickstart.html
(I copied verbatum, and get
NameError: name 'render_to_file' not defined

The QuickStart should assume no prior knowledge, or prior configuration
of OSGeo Live. Either include all plugins and configuration files into
the DVD, or describe the detailed steps required to get the extra
plugins/config files, or don't include the steps in the QuickStart.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Director

Think Globally, Fix Locally