[OSGeo-Discuss] Publishing huge Oracle GeoRasters

Sebastian E. Ovide sebastian.ovide at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 14:29:31 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I'm looking for a good tool to publish huge Oracle GeoRasters. The options
that I have explored so far are:
GeoServer: I was not able to make it work with GeoRasters
MapViewer: very Trivial to use but it is not open source.
MapServer+GDAL + TileCache/MapProxy: great combination but I am having weird
performance problems with MapServer + GDAL. I say weird because I'm having
performance issues with LOW level of the pyramid. MapServer in some how does
a SELECT on ALL the blobs of the current pyramid level !

Is there any other Open Source options ?

thanks

--
Sebastian E. Ovide