[OSGeo-Discuss] Working with shapefiles in PHP

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Sun Aug 29 07:53:32 PDT 2010

Peter wrote:
> Regarding my previous query regarding tools to work with shapefiles in
> PHP, ive written a progress report, that might be useful to other
> passing PHP GIS newcomers.
>
> http://www.webspaces.net.nz/page.php?view=working_with_shapefiles
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the summary. That sort of stuff is gold for us who are
newbies with some of these utilities. But I wanted to point out one
thing you don't have right yet. You wrote:

> Mapnik is the new kid on the block, its used for open street map among
> other things. It does much of what mapserver does, but _mapnik has
> anti-aliasing_, hence does nice raster renders. The API is pretty much all

MapServer does too. Just use the AGG driver in the OUTPUTFORMAT object
in the mapfile to get nice-looking antialiasing over the entire map.

--
*Bill Thoen*
GISnet - www.gisnet.com