[OSGeo-Discuss] Webinars on OS geo for local governments, schools and nonprofits?

Charlie Schweik cschweik at pubpol.umass.edu
Mon Feb 8 14:50:41 EST 2010

Dimitris Kotzinos wrote:
> Dear Charlie,
>
> the idea sounds intriguing but we should bear in mind the different
> requirements of the three actors you mentioned in your e-mail, so it
> would be difficult to find the one size that fits all.
Good point, Dimitris. As someone who teaches but also studies the public
sector I agree wholeheartedly. If there was sufficient interest, perhaps
we could have a series of these, e.g.:

OS Geo technologies for high-school teachers
- sub topics here
OS Geo technologies for local governments
- sub topics here

At the same time, seminars on various technologies could, potentially,
be somewhat generic.

> Moreover we need to know a bit more an the needs we will try to cover
> and finally we need the people who would do the job. As I said the
> idea is interesting so I would interested in participating.
I've had two responses so far from people possibly interested in
participating in this. If there are others who might be interested in
presenting a topic, let me know.
If I get a few more I'll start a wiki page to try and start organizing
topics and potential presenters. This may lead then to a conference call
for further discussion.

Cheers
Charlie