[OSGeo-Discuss] looking for OS softwre to stitch aerial photos automatically

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Sat Jan 23 07:17:37 PST 2010

On 2010/01/22 9:38 AM, Alex Mandel wrote:

> In discussions with some of the OSSIM team, they are interested in
> this area but the current app does not do this. Other options that
> have come up are OpenCv and Nasa Image Workbench but both of these
> are programming libraries and would require c/c++ coding.

Although this isn't directly related to the end goal of achieving
geo-referenced aerial imagery via OS software, AutoStitch does a
great job of automatic panoramic image mosaicing:
http://www.autostitch.net/

The licensing info says "We are happy to hear from companies
interested in developing products using AutoStitch", so perhaps
a call from Tyler (who also happens to be in BC) to the office
at UBC would be appropriate, to see if there is any possibility
of collaboration between them and OSGeo to utilize their code
in an OSGeo-backed project.

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems