[OSGeo-Discuss] server down?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Jul 22 07:47:16 PDT 2010

Il 22/07/2010 16:33, Howard Butler ha scritto:

> The support of OSGeo's system infrastructure is a volunteer affair.  If it is not
> up, or not up to your standards, it is because you haven't volunteered to help fix
> it :)  We can do better with your help.

Mine was not a critique to the efforts of volunteers (never!), but to the strategic
decision to leave the infrastructure management to volunteers. I think we need
professional support in this area, to have better performances and higher availability.
I repeat: no critique whatsoever to volunteers, just a suggestion for a strategic change.
All the best.