[OSGeo-Discuss] 5 Star OSGeo project maturity rating

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 21:29:53 PDT 2010

Jason,
I agree that it is important that any rating system has had a lot of
thought put behind it, which is why I've suggested using the existing
OSGeo graduation rating system - which has had input from many of us in
the OSGeo community.

I do think that Andrea has highlighted a couple of additional points
which should be rolled into the OSGeo incubation criteria - but until
that happens, we should use what we have, which is guidelines for
projects going into incubation (assigned 3 stars), and criteria for
projects completing graduation (assigned 4 stars).

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Solutions Manager

Think Globally, Fix Locally