[OSGeo-Discuss] Is the integration of FOSS4G and proprietary software good for FOSS4G?

Arnulf Christl seven at arnulf.us
Wed Mar 17 09:43:32 EDT 2010

100% support to what Daniel and Brian say.

One mission of OSGeo is to support standards development, another to
interact with all geospatial communities. Even although they have a
different take on licensing proprietary vendors are a valuable part of
the geospatial community. To alienate users who are stuck on
proprietary software for whichever reason would not help any of us.

Best regards,
Arnulf.