[OSGeo-Discuss] Mailing list for .NET work?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Mar 26 12:16:29 EDT 2010

On 03/26/2010 09:10 AM, P Kishor wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Michael P. Gerlek <mpg at lizardtech.com> wrote:
>> I'm thinking there might be a reasonable number of .NET folks lurking around here, and that it might be nice to have a mailing list for .NET-specific open source geo work -- what projects are being done, what issues people have, etc, etc.
>>
>> If interested, send email (to me or to list, at your preference) and we'll see how much support there is.
>>
>> [Pls don't hijack this thread for arguing about how open/closed .NET is.]
>>

> Actually, I would encourage you to discuss it right here, unless you
> want to focus on a specific project's development work, in which case
> an OSGeo-<project>-dev kinda list might be more suitable.
>
> I would love to vicariously learn more about what is going on in other
> programming worlds, otherwise I would be clueless about them.

I would agree that project specific lists are the way to go, I think
language/framework specific lists on OSGeo would only fracture the
community dialog.

I would also hope that we are open enough to entertain discussions about
all open source (regardless of which language, and how open).

Thanks,
Alex