[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Whitebox GAT (Chris Puttick)

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Mar 26 12:39:17 EDT 2010

P Kishor wrote:
> Listen, I personally appreciate the zeal for open sourcing software
> and data (most of my personal religion is based on the belief that
> open data are better for everyone), but trash talking closed software
> makes the whole world blind.

Of course we never trash talk other open source languages either, do we?
 Where would we be without all the good arguments for Python vs the
'others'... ;-)  Sorry, couldn't resist.

Just to say, we have done pretty good on this list avoiding platform or
language wars, but I am interested to learn what
strengths/features/ease-of-use others find in their language of choice.
   Just to be better educated, not to flame anyone.

Tyler