[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Whitebox GAT (Chris Puttick)

Daniel Ames amesdani at isu.edu
Fri Mar 26 12:46:20 EDT 2010

As I said to John in a PM, I think what he's doing is extremely important
and will help bolster the concept of open source for the masses that we've
been pushing with our .NET MapWindow project.

Three cheers to ANYONE who is willing to bust their chops on some code and
put it out to the world!!!!!

- Dan

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) <
tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:

> P Kishor wrote:
> > Listen, I personally appreciate the zeal for open sourcing software
> > and data (most of my personal religion is based on the belief that
> > open data are better for everyone), but trash talking closed software
> > makes the whole world blind.
>
> Of course we never trash talk other open source languages either, do we?
>  Where would we be without all the good arguments for Python vs the
> 'others'... ;-)  Sorry, couldn't resist.
>
> Just to say, we have done pretty good on this list avoiding platform or
> language wars, but I am interested to learn what
> strengths/features/ease-of-use others find in their language of choice.
>   Just to be better educated, not to flame anyone.
>
> Tyler

Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE
Associate Professor, Geosciences
Idaho State University - Idaho Falls