[OSGeo-Discuss] www.openaddresses.org BETA launched

Cédric Moullet cedric.moullet at camptocamp.com
Tue Mar 30 00:07:53 EDT 2010

Hello,

Do you dream of free and open geolocated addresses ? or free and open
geocoding and reverse geocoding services ? It's not a dream anymore, it's a
reality ! After www.openaddresses.ch and www.openaddresses.at,
www.openaddresses.org has been launched to collect worldwide localized
addresses. This initiative of several people, universities and companies of
central Europe aims to provide a web portail for the management of free and
open addresses. The goal of www.openaddresses.org is also to collaborate
nicely with www.openstreetmap.org by exchanging data. However, since
localized addresses are very specific, we consider that it is appropriate to
have a dedicated platform only for addresses.

Don't hesitate to add your own address, the address of your friends and of
the friends of your friends ;-) If you'd like to be part of this effort, you
can also provide address listing, orthophoto or whatever data that can be
useful. We are also looking for persons willing to participate to the
development, the translation, the system administration, the testing, the
communication and so on ...

You'll find more information in the following documents:

   - Frequently asked
questions<http://code.google.com/p/openaddresses/wiki/FAQ>
   - User guide <http://code.google.com/p/openaddresses/wiki/UserGuideEn>
   - Wiki <http://code.google.com/p/openaddresses/>