[OSGeo-Discuss] Whitebox GAT

Chris Puttick chris.puttick at thehumanjourney.net
Fri Mar 26 04:11:02 PDT 2010

Hi

Really exciting concept, I very much like the idea of letting the user see the algorithm; I just differ from other people's views on the use of .net. This is effectively a closed technology and one controlled by a company that has no interested in the sustainability of the solutions created within it. The use of .net also limits the platforms on which the solution can be deployed; strategically that is poor i.e. the limiting of choices in one area because of the choices in another. I would be interested, I imagine off-list, in your reasons for choosing that closed development approach for something you wanted to make very open in other ways.

Regards

Chris