[OSGeo-Discuss] do you already feel as an ambassador for FOSS4G?!?

andrea giacomelli pibinko at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 23:08:00 PDT 2010

Hi Lorenzo -

personally -and up to  Feb 2010 within the GFOSS.it association- I
have been promoting the Barcelona event since the location was
announced.

the official pitch (which was used also during the GFOSS day in
Bolzano) is something like: "if you can go to Barcelona, go...if you
can't talk to somebody who can!"

in particular, I am interested in seeing the convergence of a well
represented community from EU countries (and EU accession countries),
Mediterranean area etc. ...with INSPIRE rolling and other important
European issues, the Barcelona event seems like a natural place to try
and meet, and possibly further consolidate a common basis for action

Regards

Andrea Giacomelli
http://www.pibinko.org