[OSGeo-Discuss] Demo WMS server

Jochen Topf jochen at remote.org
Wed May 12 01:59:23 PDT 2010

Thanks, I actually looked at the degree demo server and found at least the
layers I tested to be empty. :-( And because of the size restriction I can't
use it in my case anyway.

And thanks for the other suggestions on this list. None so far solve my problem.

I do not have a WMS client with a user interface where people could go through
the layers list to chose one. (And then maybe wonder, why this particular layer
doesn't work in this case or so.)

I only have a config file which needs a WMS URL, layer and SRS at a minimum.
Something that ideally will never change. I don't want to hardcode a layer that
might not exist anymore tomorrow.

Of course I can set this up easily myself, but would prefer to do it somewhere
where it benefits other people and the community as a whole can support it.

Jochen