[OSGeo-Discuss] New list for discussing all things OSGeo + .NET

Daniel Ames amesdani at isu.edu
Fri May 14 12:06:49 PDT 2010

Dear OSGeo'ers,

John Lindsay (University of Guelph) and myself (Dan Ames, Idaho State
University) have just set up - with the help of Tyler Mitchell - a new OSGeo
mailing list which is thematically based around the .NET and MONO
programming frameworks.

Please feel free to join us on this list. You can subscribe here:

We are particularly interested in corralling any one who is building or
using open source GIS tools using C# or VB.NET so that we can coordinate
our activities to the extent possible and help present a fairly unified .NET
front to the broader OSGeo community and beyond.

Our goals are to:
1) Foster collaboration and discussion amongst open source .NET
programmers;
2) Encourage the development of reusable, low level .NET framework-style
geospatial libraries;
3) Increase understanding and acceptance of .NET as a viable open source
programming environment among the OSGeo community.

Thanks,

Dan

--
Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE