[OSGeo-Discuss] Greek Inspire Metadata Editor (gimed)

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 12:33:29 PDT 2010

Angelos,
I'm interested to understand why someone would use gimed instead of
GeoNetwork (the currently established Metadata editor)?
What does gimed provide above GeoNetwork?
Why was gimed developed rather than extending GeoNetwork?
Could gimed be incorporated into GeoNetwork?

The other open source package in this space is Geopublisher:
http://live.osgeo.org/overview/geopublisher_overview.html