[OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Nomination - About Uttam from India

Uttam Kumar uttam at ces.iisc.ernet.in
Sun Nov 7 22:11:46 PST 2010

Der All,

It would be an honor to render my service for shaping FOSS's future by
being a Charter Member of OSGeo. Having started my career with FOSS from
undergraduate level, with almost 8 years of experience of developing FOSS
(GRASS, R, QGIS, MapServer, KaMap, Open Jump, ATutor, Joomla, etc.
[http://wgbis.ces.iisc.ernet.in/foss]), I want to promote FOSS GIS with
numerous computer algorithms and programs and train students/young
generations from the high school to graduate to research levels that would
add much more to the existing FOSS functionalities, usage and make it
competitive with the finest GIS softwares in the market.

I will lead FOSS to become stronger, more global, and more assertive, to
fulfill our vision of Advancing Technology for Humanity and would
collaborate on problems that are both technically interesting and
challenging to FOSS users. I stand willing and ready to help steer our
great volunteer society through the next technological revolution to
create a sustainable FOSS world.

with best regards,
Uttam.

--