[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G rpm packaging

Ralph Apel r.apel at r-apel.de
Mon Nov 8 02:38:57 PST 2010

Hi everybody,

I have been a contributor/committer at www.jpackage.org since 2004, with
more than 6000 packages published. As in the 90's I used to be involved
with geoscience data processing, I have now started packaging geoscience
java stuff and reached some initial degree of maturity with this work:

http://jpackage.netmindz.net/6.0/generic/SRPMS.devel/geotools-2.6.4-2.jpp6.src.rpm

http://jpackage.netmindz.net/6.0/generic/RPMS.devel/geotools*-2.6.4-2.jpp6.noarch.rpm

Just uploaded fixed geotools-2.6.4-3.jpp6 and I do have geotools-2.6.5
almost complete. Started with geoserver and udig rpm packaging and will
publish them soon.

Although I do have lots of experience in Java open source software
packaging, I am of course also able to package other kinds of programs
or libraries.

Please feel free to make suggestions and/or other comments.

Regards

Ralph Apel