[OSGeo-Discuss] Charter Member Nomination

Daniel Ames dan.ames at isu.edu
Tue Nov 9 19:21:01 PST 2010

Thanks :)
On Nov 9, 2010 5:16 PM, "Michael P. Gerlek" <mpg at lizardtech.com> wrote:
> [disclaimer: I'm the one who nominated Dan]
>
> Having admired MapWindow from afar from some time, I had the opportunity
to spend a couple days with Dan and his team a few months ago and came away
very impressed. Dan is doing a great job in bringing C#/.NET into the OSGeo
world via the DotSpatial world, what with bringing a whole library into play
and running a conference and yet still pursuing a geo research job.

> A vote for Dan is a vote for... oh, gosh, I dunno... It's a vote to add a
Third Way[1] to the C++ -vs- Java intertribal dialogs? Something like that.

discuss-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Daniel Ames
> Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 11:22 AM
> To: OSGeo Discussions
> Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] Charter Member Nomination
>
> Hi all, I appreciate being nominated as an OSGeo Charter Member. I've been
participating with OSGeo since the 2006 Lausanne conference and am regularly
involved in the edu committee and newsletter/journal committee. I've funded
sponsorship at Lausanne, Sydney and Capetown and am always giving OSGeo
pitches at other conferences I attend. Presently I'm helping lead the OSGeo
DotNet programmer community including setting up the OSGeo DotNet mailing
list, and helping kick off a new project of OSGeo DotNet programmers called
DotSpatial (an API that brings together topology, visualization, data
access, etc for the DotNet world). In addition to the DotSpatial project (by
the way you can find it at http://dotspatial.codeplex.com) I manage the open
source MapWindow project (http://mapwindow.org) which some of you may have
heard of. I'd be happy to participate more fully with OSGeo through Charter
Membership.

> (P.S. I'm also organizing the 2011 MapWindow and OSGeo DotNet Conference
in San Diego, California in June 2011. Please consider coming!!! See
http://www.mapwindow.org/conference/2011/)