Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Japan chapter receives “Japanese OSS Encouragement Award” by IPA

Gérald Fenoy gerald.fenoy at geolabs.fr
Sat Oct 23 06:00:41 PDT 2010

Hi,
congratulation for this award you fully deserve as you make a really great job in OSGeo Japan chapter, promoting OSGeo and Open Source software in general. It is really impressive and huge work from my point of view.

I'm that this award will encourage you to continue on your way. I hope that the mola mola will continue  to be protected against fishing :)

Long life to OSGeo Japan !

Le 18 oct. 2010 à 04:27, Toru Mori(森亮) a écrit :

> Hi OSGeo friends,
>
> I am really happy to receive many emails from our community.
> It really is our milestone in promoting FOSS4G into the Japanese geospatial field.
> We will continue to invest effort in doing it, especially in eliminating technical and usability barriers including localization issue.
>
> Here are examples of our recent achievements.
> http://www.osgeo.jp/foss4g-mext/
> - you can translate it into your local language using google translate feature on up right of the window.
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/OSGeo4W_jp
>
> And again, please join our local FOSS4G conference. No fee needed to register.
> Tokyo  http://www.osgeo.jp/foss4g2010tokyo/
> Osaka  http://www.osgeo.jp/foss4g2010-in-osaka/
>
> I hope to see you all and work together.
>
> Mori
>
> On 2010/10/16, at 0:09, Toru Mori(森亮) wrote:
>
>> Hi OSGeo community,
>>
>> Today IPA (IT promotion agency Japan), a government agency, announced that OSGeo Japan Chapter will be awarded “Japanese OSS Encouragement Award” prize on 28th October 2010.
>> I , as representative of the chapter, am very pleased and honored to receive the prize!
>>
>> The Japan chapter was established in late 2006 and the local community has been growing steadily and dedicating effort to promoting FOSS4G.
>> Please join our local conference, FOSS4G 2010 Tokyo/Osaka, held in this November to celebrate it with us over bottles of beer!
>> http://www.osgeo.jp/
>>

>> -- Press release by IPA (in Japanese) --
>> http://www.ipa.go.jp/about/press/20101015_2.html
>>
>> -- About the award --
>> IPA grants “Japanese OSS Contributor Award” to a developer who has established and has been managing the development project which has the influence, to a superior developer who takes an active role in the global projects and to a contributor to spread the OSS. Also IPA grants “Japanese OSS Encouragement Award” to the individual or the group which has a remarkable activity to develop and/or spread OSS.
>>
>> -- About IPA --
>> http://www.ipa.go.jp/english/about/index.html
>>
>> Toru Mori
>> Yokohama Japan