[OSGeo-Discuss] RE: New and Noteworthy in OS Geospatial?

Daniel Ames dan.ames at isu.edu
Wed Sep 1 20:52:40 EDT 2010

Hi David. For what it's worth, MapWindow just passed the 300,000 download
mark, with 6,000 per month. Also the .NET world has an alternative to
ArcObjects now under development called DotSpatial. This project is being
developed by a large .NET team on codeplex and is quickly making progress. -
Dan

On Sep 1, 2010 3:09 PM, "Fawcett, David (MPCA)" <David.Fawcett at state.mn.us>
wrote:
> Thanks to the few of you who had comments.
>
> Really, none of the rest of you want to brag about or promote your OSGEO
project?!

> Come on, any new features, optimizations, data formats, case studies,
etc.?

> David.

OpenSource Geospatial" for a group of GIS professionals. This group is most
familiar with the proprietary ESRI stack, but there is a growing awareness
and interest in OpenSource.

> My goal is to introduce people to cool projects or features, highlighting
events and improvements from the past year. I am thinking of categories
including software, databases, community, and open data.

> I would greatly appreciate any ideas that people have on new or noteworthy
developments in OpenSource geospatial. Think about new projects, new
features, optimizations, events, use cases, etc.