[OSGeo-Discuss] Commercial support

Sebastian E. Ovide sebastian.ovide at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 05:49:59 EDT 2010

Hi Guys,

I generalize here a question that I have posted in the Mapserver-user
mailing list, as it concerns the whole OSGeo world and not only MapServer.

Some companies choose commercial software such as Oracle MapViewer, Oracle
Spatial etc.. because they offer the security of commercial support. So if
the companies have any problem configuring it (or any other problem) they
will use the support that they have paid for.

IT engineers in general can learn for them self and with the help of the
community support (mailing list) they are able to solve virtually any
problem. And the OSGEO  mailing lists are the perfect examples of that.

Nevertheless, CEOs and boards of directors still need some kind of security
and they prefer to use software that provide commercial support.

Are you guys aware of companies that provide commercial support for OSGeo  ?

thanks,

--
Sebastian E. Ovide