[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: OSGeo Board Election 2010 Results

Tyler Mitchell tmitchell at osgeo.org
Fri Sep 3 18:13:42 EDT 2010

Hi Tim,
I'm sure we'll talk lots more about your questions shortly but a couple things while I have a few minutes...

I don't recall the board list requiring approval.  Note there are a couple other lists with the term 'board' in them I think, maybe you chose to join one lof those accidentally.  I will double check for you though.

It's worth noting on the discuss list that *EVERYONE* is welcome to join the board list and participate in discussions there:

There is also a rarely used private board alias used that one of us with systems access will have to add you guys to.

The board meets once a month in IRC.  To vote on some items/motions they will also flip over to use a skype call to vote by voice when needed.  The president acts as chair and I usually take the minutes and try to rally any stragglers.

Meeting agendas and minutes are all posted on the wiki:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board

That's probably enough for now and any time you can put into the face to face meeting will be very useful too.  A few scheduling/announcement items have fallen through the crack this past month as a couple of us have been on extended holidays.  Sorry for not laying this stuff out sooner!

Best wishes, see you soon.
Tyler