[OSGeo-Discuss] question about Tile retriever, if such a beast exists. . . .

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Sep 7 14:28:34 EDT 2010

All,

I have a question about a tile maker routine that may or may not exist (or project about).  I would like to be able to build a local cache of image tiles based solely on URL scripting, as in grab the tiles for an area automatically based on a Area of interest (BBOX) coordinate set.

Anyone worked on some client code (either server or client side) for something like this? Sort of a pack and go Raster pyramid builder.

Thanks

bobb