[OSGeo-Discuss] Street address to coordinates database lookup?

Peter webwiz at pl.net
Tue Sep 7 18:01:42 EDT 2010

In NZ as i guess in most places we have a national system of rural property addressing (RAPID) where the street number is based on how many meters down the road the property gate is. These are stored in Land Informations property on line database.

My question is there any official or unofficial ways to access this street number to latlong coords data online?

Googlemaps evidently has access to it for its searchs, failing better methods perhaps scrape their results page???

Peter