[OSGeo-Discuss] Looking for Yum or RPM Site for GIS Suite for Centos 5.5

Bill Thoen bthoen at gisnet.com
Fri Sep 10 13:30:28 EDT 2010

Bill Thoen wrote:
> I hope this is the appropriate place for this general-GIS software
> question. Apologies if this isn't it.
>
> I'm looking for a yum repo or an rpm download site for the following
> set of GIS packages for a machine running Centos 5.5:
> PostgreSQL
> Proj4
> GDAL / OGR tools
> GEOS
> PostGIS
> MapServer
> PHP Mapscript
> Open Layers
> Quantum GIS

Thanks for all the help and advice on this, everybody! Especially for
the info on EPEL and ELGIS. I guess I had no idea that getting stable
and reliable CentOS 5.5 means going back to earlier versions of the
working software. And it sounds like QGIS is a non-starter on CentOS.
But I've got FC13 on another machine so I can set it up there.

I appreciate the help as always.

--

*Bill Thoen*
GISnet - www.gisnet.com <http://www.gisnet.com/>