[OSGeo-Discuss] Staistical analysis support needed

Pieter De Graef pieter.degraef at geosparc.com
Mon Sep 13 07:58:04 EDT 2010

Are you building a desktop or web based application here?
I see that you have selected an OpenLayers client, so that suggests web
to me. In that case, since you want J2EE technologies, I would suggest
Geomajas (which is fully Java - GWT). It has PostGIS support either
through GeoTools or through Hibernate Spatial, and can also connect onto
a Geoserver (should you still require a web map server). The analysis
part would then simply be done server-side using a Java library (JRI?).

--
Pieter De Graef

Community Manager
GeoSparc nv.