[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G2010: Good, Bad and the Ugly

Dave Patton davep at confluence.org
Thu Sep 16 09:45:53 EDT 2010

On 2010/09/16 5:00 AM, Venkatesh Raghavan wrote:
> On 2010/09/16 19:42, Mateusz Loskot wrote: ...
>>> I very much supported this idea of paying for the shirts! How
>>> many T-Shirts end up being unused? It makes a lot of sense from
>>> an ecological / sustainability point of view to not just give
>>> away for free.
>>
>> I second Jeroen's opinion here. The price was 5 EUR per t-shirt
>> making it affordable.
>
> Affordable, yes. But the registration fee should have included this
> "affordable" part.

Build some flexibility into the registration process.
For those who do early bird registration, have a single
option where they make a choice whether or not they
want 'the OSGeo swag'. That could be a t-shirt + bag
+ LiveCD + button + etc. Have a single reasonable price.
Once early bird registration ends you know just how
much swag to produce for 'the early birds', so you only
have to guess at the rest of the numbers. It lessens the
risk for this one cost item, and allows some of the
attendees to 'opt out'.

--
Dave Patton
CIS Canadian Information Systems