[OSGeo-Discuss] "git" like for geodata management

Raj Singh raj at rajsingh.org
Tue Sep 21 12:51:09 EDT 2010

Just to add another option to the discussion, OGC has a Geosynchronization specification getting close to being finalize. It uses XML requests from the Web Feature Service - Transactional spec to describe actions on a spatial database such as add, modify, delete. Like CouchDB, it also doesn't specify what to do about conflict resolution. This has to be done with your software smarts.

OGC® Loosely Coupled Synchronization of Geographic Databases in the Canadian Geospatial Data Infrastructure Pilot
http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=26609

---
Raj