[OSGeo-Discuss] Shapefile test compendium

Emmanuel Christophe emmanuel.christophe at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 03:15:25 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm checking the correct support of the shapefile format for some
application. So far, I've been creating my own shapefiles (with Qgis)
to test the support.

However the format has a lot of features (multigeometry for example)
and creating each case manually for the test is definitely not the
most efficient. There must be a compendium of shapefile somewhere that
cover many of the different cases. I'm looking for something like 20
small shapefiles that cover a good range of the possibility of the
format and ideally under an open data license.

My first reaction was to look for the test data used in the
development of gdal/ogr, but the gdal/data directory does not contain
that. Any suggestion on where I should look?

Thanks
Emmanuel