[OSGeo-Discuss] is TileCache alive ?

John Callahan john.callahan at udel.edu
Wed Sep 1 06:06:42 PDT 2010

I was also just looking into tile caching options and had exactly the same
question.  It looks like the latest version (2.10) was released back in Jan
2009, and the readme is dated Dec 2007.  It would also need to update the
use of mod_python, which I read development had stopped a while ago.

I know of GeoWebCache, which can also work directly with WMS.  And packages
like Mapnik and GDAL2Tiles/MapTiler can preprocess your data into tiles.
Great for overlays.  Are there other tiling mechanisms to consider?

- John