[OSGeo-Discuss] is TileCache alive ?

Steven Ottens steven at minst.net
Wed Sep 1 06:24:39 PDT 2010

I'm also interested in new developments in tiling.
I found that both TileCache and GeoWebCache are lacking in their capabilities to handle and manage (selective pretiling, deleting, handling empty-tiles) vast amounts of tilesets or more 'enterprise' oriented functions like statistics and being able to distribute the tiles over redundant servers.
GWC does have several things in its roadmap: http://geowebcache.org/trac/wiki/roadmap but development seems pretty much non-existent since the last release (although it seems to pick up again).

Since tiling is becoming more accepted by dataproviders I think it is time to work on next level tile management

Steven