[OSGeo-Discuss] question about Tile retriever, if such a beastexists. . . .

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Sep 7 13:40:51 PDT 2010

grab from where,  . .

. . . from any (raster) image server.

Your script sounds close, although I'm interested in grabbing directly from MapServer as well as WMS feeds.  It would get me started and probably lead to a mechanism of some sort that would allow for retrieving from these various services at the very least.

If you feel inclined to share . . .

thanks

bobb

>>> Arnie Shore <shoreas at gmail.com> wrote:

Bobb, hiya. Now, "... grab the tiles ..." from where?

I have a PHP script that given corner coords and zoom range, will build a directory set of tiles DL'd from OSM. (And the Open layers script that will call it.)

Dunno if this is close?

AS

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Bob Basques
<Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us>

wrote:

All,

I have a question ...