[OSGeo-Discuss] Translating OSGeo-Live's marketing material - Who is interested?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 05:02:13 PDT 2010

OSGeo Discuss,

We have been getting early interest in a desire to translate the
excellent marketing material projects have created into different languages.

As we start to kick off such a translation effort, I'm interested to
gauge how many people would be interested in such a translation effort,
what languages we should cover, how much documentation we should
translate, and hear suggestions on what tools or documentation structure
we should use.

Potentially of interest for translation is:

A 25 minute presentation, slides and script here:
https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/promo/en/presentations/OSGeoLive4_0Taster/
available as a video here:
http://cameronshorter.blip.tv/file/4078371/

1 page descriptions of 42 projects.
http://live.osgeo.org/overview/overview.html

Main website pages.

Possibly Quickstarts and OGC Standards, although my gut feeling is that
these should wait for the next release cycle.

Please let me know if you are interested in helping, and add your name
to the translators page here:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=7

If you are at FOSS4G, note that there will be a Birds of a Feather
discussion on Translating on Friday.

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Director