[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Support of 4D (time based) data sets

andrea antonello andrea.antonello at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 05:31:02 PDT 2010

>> I have a version that we used for a course that should have the netcdf
>> stuff in it, perhaps I could upload it somewhere if you want to try
>> it?
> Sure, would be great.
> I think your implementation (blog post) is just great and I'd love to see it
> implemented in a development version.
> Climate modelling and spatial analysis together in one program. Good.

Ok, I put a linux and a windows version at this link: http://tinyurl.com/32d6svr
You will find a proper udig version + the update site that installs
JGrass with netcdf support (as local update site).
CF netcdfs are supported. You best import the netcdf through the udig
data import wizard.
To see non-gridded data, rightclick on the dataset and under
operations you have a way to open the data viewer.
For more, bug reports, comments, whatever, please jump into the uDig
list. Don't want to get too offtopic here.

> The access to climate data in netCDF offered by QGIS+GRASS by interfacing GDAL
> is somewhat inferior. We do not just want to display rasters but explore the
> time component as well.

Yes, that was our first aim in the google sommer of code project.

Ciao
Andrea