[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: Staistical analysis support needed [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Bruce Bannerman B.Bannerman at bom.gov.au
Mon Sep 13 15:01:55 PDT 2010

Mayank,

You may wish to implement this functionality via an OGC Web Processing Service.

That way, if your technology requirements change in the future, you can limit the impact of the change.

Bruce

On 14/09/10 1:40 AM, "Alex Mandel" <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:

On 09/13/2010 06:45 AM, mayank_agarwal wrote:

> Hello Christopher,
> Sorry for that, I didnt mean to be so harsh on GRASS, but as R can be
> bridged with JAVA using JRI library, that's why I prefer R, and then it is
> simpler in using, and I agree that both will have there pros and cons, no
> doubt.
> Never the less thanks for helping me so much and iI am sorry if I hurt you.

Note you can also implement R code inside of Postgres.
http://www.bostongis.com/PrinterFriendly.aspx?content_name=postgresql_plr_tut01

Enjoy,
Alex