[OSGeo-Discuss] help with geotifcp usage

P Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 15:07:22 PDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:20 PM, P Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:13 PM, Bob Basques <bob.b at gritechnologies.com> wrote:
>>  Hmm, the help file doesn't say much does it.  Did you try using a thrid
>> file name on the end instead of b.tif (again)?
>>

> Seems like the following works
>
>    geotifcp -g a.tif b.tif c.tif
>
> creating an extra file c.tif. What a shame. Now, to figure out if I
> can apply this blessed proj info to 100 files in one shot or not, and
> then delete 100 old files.
>
> Also, I wish these darned commands were named consistently. When I see
> `geotifcp` I think of its analog as `geotifls`, and when I see
> `listgeo` I think of its analog as `copygeo`. What a shame its not so.
>

>> bobb
>>

>> On 9/15/2010 4:07 PM, P Kishor wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a file a.tif with correct proj info embedded in it. I have
>>> another file b.tif with no proj info in it. I want to take the proj
>>> info within a.tif and embed it into b.tif. When I try the following --
>>>
>>> geotifcp -g a.tif b.tif b.tif
>>>
>>> my b.tif goes from around 321K to 8 bytes. Obviously that is no good,
>>> but I can't, for the life me, intuit what the usage would be.
>>>
>>> Corollary -- I have about a 100 target tifs... b_1.tif, b_2.tif, and
>>> so on. I would really like to embed the proj info from a.tif into all
>>> of the b_?.tif so what would that usage be?

A little more on geotifcp. It doesn't really have an explicit
usage/help switch, but if I type just the command, I get the usage
description. There is a typo in it, however

    $geotifcp
    usage: gtiffcp [options] input... output

huh! What the heck is `gtiffcp` ?

    $gtiffcp
    -bash: gtiffcp: command not found

--