[OSGeo-Discuss] FOSS4G2010: Good, Bad and the Ugly

Daniel Ames amesdani at isu.edu
Thu Sep 16 13:38:14 PDT 2010

>From the the point of view of someone processing travel through the
university travel office, having the "swag" as part of the registration bill
is MUCH better.

We can claim reimbursement for "registration" but not for individual
goodies, like a t-shirt. So really, being honest about it, I much prefer to
have the swag cost built in. That goes for special tours and dinners as
well..

@LausanneFans the Lausanne T-Shirt was the best conference T-shirt I ever
got. It's got this unique soft texture that always gets me a snuggle from my
sweetheart when I'm wearing it. Maybe all you Europeans have softer shirts
than us?

- Dan

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 8:31 AM, Ravi <ravivundavalli at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Though I was not there, but for this discussion, would not have got the
> feel.
> Venkatesh, keep it going.. This is a good feed back for future event
> planners.
>
> The 'bad', I found is the best for DOs' and DONTs for the future.
>
> Ravi Kumar

Daniel P. Ames, Ph.D. PE
Associate Professor, Geosciences
Idaho State University - Idaho Falls