[OSGeo-Discuss] Geopaparazzi released

Bob Basques Bob.Basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Sep 27 11:01:50 PDT 2010

What if they used it to promote a superior product?   Sorry, couldn't resist. . . .  :c)

bobb

>>> Ian Turton <ijturton at gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas
<jsanz at osgeo.org> wrote:

>> 2) will I get lawsuited if I have the osgeo compass in my PhD thesis
>> (available in the net) and in a couple of presentations I gave in the
>> last year at conferences (all available on slideshare)? It would be
>> bad to take them back, but if I have to...
>>

> I can't imagine no one in OSGeo law-suiting you because you've given
> credit to the Foundation on your projects, even doing it in a
> wrong-for-lawyers way.

The problem is not in you getting sued but if say a large closed
source GIS company started using  the OSGEO logo to promote its
inferior product it would be harder for OSGEO to sue them as it had
not defended its logo in the past.

Ian
--
Ian Turton