[OSGeo-Discuss] Any GRASS users in Puerto Rico?

Mario Julio Barragan Arce mariojulio.barragan at upr.edu
Wed Sep 29 08:25:48 PDT 2010

Hello. I need to learn how to use GIS and I have chosen to do it with GRASS.
My plan is to learn GIS/GRASS essentials during the next 12 months and start
applying it for my research the 12 months after that. I started reading the
available documentation and also started playing with the sample data set
and am now trying (unsuccessfully) to import data for PR into GRASS. I
realize that I would benefit from discussing many GRASS related issues with
other users and it would be great if I could find someone to discuss with
these issues face to face. There is another person that will be learning
GIS/GRASS with me, so we are already a "big" GRASS user wannabes in this
campus. Anybody knows of other GRASS users in Puerto Rico we could contact?
Thank you in advance. Saludos, Julio.