[OSGeo-Discuss] April 20th is CUGOS 2011 "Spring Fling" at UW in Seattle

karsten vennemann karsten at terragis.net
Wed Apr 13 18:55:30 PDT 2011

GIS Folks,

the event below is still in flux regarding final presentations and definite times & subjects but I wanted to get this message out for all to know (copied from http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/CUGOS_2011_Spring_Fling):

On April 20th, 2011, CUGOS ( <http://www.cugos.org/> www.cugos.org, <http://cugos.posterous.com/> [1]) will be holding a special all-day "spring fling" event at University of Washington Seattle Campus in place of our regular monthly meeting. We will provide FREE food and drinks, thanks to following sponsors: TerraGIS( <http://terragis.net/> [2]), Spatialdev( <http://spatialdev.com/> [3]), Zonar System( <http://zonarsystem.com/> [4]) & UW Geospatial Club.

The basic idea of this event is to come in the morning to learn something new (tools and real workflows)... stick around and apply it in the afternoon on some semi-structured hack sessions... and then learn some high level stuff in the evening.  As such, the day will be broken up as follows:

*	9-12: morning session -- "speed" workshops

*	12-1: lunch

*	1-4: afternoon session -- open hacking

*	4-6: dinner

*	6-8: evening session -- regular meeting

All skill and interest levels are welcome! -- please join us for as much of the day as you can.

For more details check   <http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/CUGOS_2011_Spring_Fling> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/CUGOS_2011_Spring_Fling and also check back again for updates before you come ;)

Cheers
Karsten