[OSGeo-Discuss] Re: [Gvsig_english] New site demonstrating the use of Free & Open Source Software

Simon Cropper scropper at botanicusaustralia.com.au
Fri Apr 29 17:18:31 PDT 2011

Cameron,

On 30/04/11 08:20, Cameron Shorter wrote:
> On the point of datasets, I'm open to incorporating a fine grained
> dataset on OSGeo-Live, if it is going to be valuable to a number of
> projects, and is suitably compact to fit on the OSGeo-Live DVD.

That's the communities choice.

My stance is simply that most people work with fine scale data, not
broad scale data, and so have tailored my tutorials to demonstrate
program use with what most people use.

As for size, if people did not want to include the data into the DVD,
albeit the individual 5x5 kilometre sets only occupy between 19 - 69 MB,
you can be easily downloaded a ZIP in less than 5 minutes.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper
    Principal Consultant