[OSGeo-Discuss] Fwd: GEOSTAT videos online

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Aug 21 09:44:32 EDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ralf Schäfer <schaefer-ralf at uni-landau.de>
Date: 2011/8/21
Subject: GEOSTAT videos online

Dear all,

I have now edited and uploaded all videos of the GEOSTAT summer school
- so they are now freely available online and can be watched or
downloaded in different formats. I created a new page with all links
to the videos (mainly because the geostat course page will probably be
changed for GEOSTAT 2012):

and also modified the GEOSTAT course page accordingly by removing the
links to ustream.

I selected the Internet Archive for hosting as this is a non-profit
organisation with a proper licensing model compared to large
corporations such as youtube (google).
The only shortcoming so far is that the player for streaming is not
perfect regarding the sound - so I made a note that the sound would be
better if you download the videos.

I will also send Tom a backup of all videos on DVD the next days...

Was great to have you in Landau and keep on the good work!

Please spread the information (@Markus N.: Could you send an email to
the OSGEO list again, please?)

Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Ralf Bernhard Schäfer
Juniorprofessor for Quantitative Landscape Ecology
Environmental Scientist (M.Sc.)
Institute for Environmental Sciences
University Koblenz-Landau
Fortstrasse 7